Friday, August 29, 2008

thanks...thats what i've always wanted

i have realized now that god has been preparing me for this next season. 3, 4 years ago if you would have told me i am leading a discipleship training school i would have said, please yes, oh yes please. thought i was gonna say, no way, huh? i realize now that i am built for discipleship. it is where i get my groove on (in a christian way of course), it is where i find joy, where i find fulfillment. i love the aspect of living a life of teaching unto others all for the sake of christ's glory. it is all gonna go there anyway. thinking about a faith jesus intended one to live, that's the one i want, full of perseverance, full of endurance, full of attack, AND full of rewards. so many of us hear about the rewards we will get after we die. i truly would love to have those rewards, and i believe i will, but you wanna catch my attention then share with me the rewards and fulfillment god has for me while i am living on this earth. i think many could turn to christ as their lord and savior if they were to be taught on the rewards god intends to give one here on this earth, in this lifetime. i wanna make christ my treasure while i am living in this grotesque bodily form. when i was a child i would anticipate the christmas presents over at my grandmas the same way i would anticipate a meal in the jungles of africa, not to eager buddy. and when the next year seem to reveal the same surprise under the 70's christmas wrapping paper i would just accept, from then on out, that my grandmother never got my list to santa. we live in a world where not only does god care about what we care about, but that he is wanting to reward us with things we need and want, in that order. god knew, as a kid i would subconsciously wear the policeman's badge for a reason. god knew that i would develop into a lover and not a quick tempered fighter. god knew that every bad habit i picked up, he would be able to eventually speak to me at the right time to let that go in order to follow his direction. am i bragging on myself, yeah maybe a little, but the ultimate credit is god's. i would change it to confident, i am confident in my god, and because i can remember this confidence in my life time i am now desiring to pursue him more than ever. all the more reason to allow faith to be expressed in a manner that everyone knows what your all about. 

No comments: