Monday, November 21, 2011

children as the same image

i love finding things out on how to raise my children more biblically. some things i feel good about because, of course, my conviction lines up with a certain perspective and other times i find myself re-analyzing something because i realize i should parent differently. here is a great post by mark lauterbach.

Par­ents, includ­ing myself, tend to miss part of the lens. We lean toward cer­tain per­spec­tives. We often view all prob­lems with our kids in light of sin. We are tempted to miss redemp­tion, and to view all solu­tions to sin in terms of moral­ity and moral pres­sure (as in, “How many times do I have to tell you to clean up your room?”).

you can read the rest here.

2 comments:

Kari Lowrie said...

As a parent, grandparent and children's pastor I wish this was required reading for every parent, grandparent and anyone with ANY children in their lives!! Truly excellent!! I wish I had read it about 31 years ago!
You make my heart so glad!

Kari Lowrie said...

This was one of my favorite things he said-"the Bible is not a list of things to do. It is a way of seeing. When I get inside the Bible and I get the Bible inside me, it is a way of seeing life."