1. honeymoon. liz and i went to mazatlan, mexico. besides the 23 years of sexual frustration building up to finally being let out, this trip was amazing. to me the beach destinations make the best vacations and as a good friend told me, "don't go anywhere cold on your honeymoon, cause you want her to WANT to take off her clothes." obviously if it's cold she will keep most of them on, and liz gets cold very easily. so we went to the closest spot we could to the equator without it being too expensive. ok anyways, before i go in detail about that trip lets move on.
2. bachelor party. radiant* had a tour happening and this was incorporated into my bachelor party...er my bachelor party was incorporated into this tour, either way it was awesome. the trip started in oklahoma city ending up in a tube in the river in san marcos somewhere. singing a songs on stage, the traveling, the boy humor, and the non-stop digestion of food.
3. belgium. the trip i took with nathan and jon is number three on my vacations. we met up with allyster, landon, and danny lankenau later on. this group was able to minister to youth and youth pastors. we played music which was a dream of mine to do overseas and built relationships that will later help us realize what god is calling us to. the bread, the coffee and the castles were amazing over there.
4. alaska. my first time up to liz's homeland was truly worth the top five. snow mobiles, 4 wheelers on frozen lakes, and the cold, cold, cold weather was great to experience. i still to this point haven't seen a bear but i am holding out hope that one day i will see one...oh and the northern lights too.
5. funslingers. when i worked for the mavericks around 2000-01 we were sent annually to a "spring training" in september. this trip was huge. the 2000 year was amazing because it was basically all of my close friends who went. jon nickerson, daniel hopkins, josh briscoe, niles holsinger, daryl goldsmith we all would be sent to cocoa beach, florida to learn how to do certain things involving crowd entertainment. the company we worked for was sports magic and they had little crowd entertainment squads throughout the u.s. mainly basketball but they branched out to work with nascar, baseball, and hockey. well there were lots of teams that would show up to this training and they could not hold a candle to the dallas squad. we owned the joint. we basically could get away with murder. oddly enough the next year sept. 2001 we were scheduled to fly out of orlando at 11am on september 11th. well...if you have already forgotten, this was the same tragic day that terrorists flew planes into the world trade centers in new york. this actually turned into a great recovering trip. we drove from orlando to dallas after three days of hanging out at hotels, margaritaville, and islands of adventure.
of course there are so many trips i could talk about but those are the top five. i might make some mention of:
the cruise - cozumel was worth it all
october 08 belgium - children's asylum of carlsbourg
ukraine - "ukrainski borsch"
colorado with the heepsters - stagg chili nightmare
mexico spring break - orange t-shirt mania
senior trip to mexico - otherwise known as guatemala city
denmark/finland - "thank you for liberating our country" - old iraqi man
exeter - grandma's drink lots of beer
justin's bachelor party - biker weekend in austin makes the whole difference
dan's bachelor party - come on lucky number 10